Friday, September 26, 2014

35, I'm Coming After You

So, at some point this year, I realized that 35 was creeping up on me.  Well, guess what, 35?  I've decided to turn the tables on you.  I am coming after You.  That's right.  Be afraid.  Be quivering in your near-middle-aged boots.  In fact, you better change those to tennis shoes for running from me.

Whoa!  You may be thinking I've been on the farm by myself a bit long.  But, nope, I've just recently found my motivation for getting into shape.  In July, I joined a challenge group with other ladies to workout daily, get our diets in check, and drink a nutritional supplement shake once a day.  I've have to admit, the chocolate shake has been the easiest part.

Well, here I am a few months in.  I haven't adjusted my diet as much as a should and I've missed a bunch of scheduled workouts.  That being said, I still feel SO much better.  I've lost 11", 8 pounds, and 20 cholesterol points!!  I'll take it for the amount of effort I have put forth.

However, 35 is creeping ever closer, so in the last month I've become a bit more serious.  Sometimes, I'm logging two workouts a day.  Two workouts may seem like a lot, but on the program I've found, the workouts are more effective and, therefore, not as long.  My favorite video is only 20 minutes long.  I can find 20 minutes in a day.  How about you?  Heck, I can waste 20 minutes on facebook without even knowing the time has passed.

All this to say, I am proud of myself.  I'm proud that I have taken a step towards better health.  I am proud that my cholesterol dropped 20 points out of the danger zone into the normal range.  I am proud for making the time to work out and choosing to "Push Play" even when I want to sleep a little longer or just veg out.

If and when you feel motivated to take steps to better health, let me know.  The programs I participate in work for me.  I resisted participating in them for three and a half years, but I finally did, and what a change it has made for me.  I'm not "always" tired anymore, and my engagement ring fits again - without being resized.  And don't forget, I avoided maintenance cholesterol medicine.  I've been so happy with the changes in my life that I have decided to become a representative for the company from whom I purchased the programs and shakes.


And 35, you better hide, because you've got less than two weeks until I find you.

UPDATE: Saturday, October 18th, I ran my first 5K without any training other than my Beachbody workouts.  I pushed our double jogging stroller with our six and three year old riding in it!  It was amazing!! I loved hearing that I "was a beast" from friends and other runners.  I'm glad to be 35 and kickin' it.




No comments:

Post a Comment